Brother and Sisters,
Well, by now you know that the great furry weather forecaster from PA saw his shadow and we will have six more weeks of bad weather. Don't forget Valentine’s day.
Once again, our Christmas Party was a great success. A very special thank you to all of the volunteers that helped make it such a huge success. Remember, you should all have received your envelopes back at the party with the exception of those who donated theirs to the club. You will have to turn in new checks at the summer party which will cover both the summer and Christmas party.
Clorox vs Peroxide
The following is from Brother Bill Manning, who said "I couldn't find anything that says this is a hoax, or incorrect...so thought it was worth sharing, in case you want to try! "
This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (a doctor's Wife), and I want to share it with you. She was over recently for coffee and smelled the bleach I was using to clean my toilet and counter tops. This is what she told me. “I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little 'ole bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. What does bleach cost? My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide. Have you ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!!
Why? Because it smells, and it is not healthy! Ask the nurses who work in the doctor's offices, and ask them if they use bleach at home. They are wiser and know better!”
Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's? It's chlorine, folks! And it was used to kill our troops. Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's. It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals. Please think about this:
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe.) No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.
2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.
3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.
4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.
5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.
6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.
7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and Water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.
8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.
9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.
10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually, so it's not a drastic change.
11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help get rid of boils, fungus, or other skin infections.
12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.
13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors. There is no smearing, which is why I love it so much for this.
14. Another place it's great is in the bathroom, if someone has been careless & has wet on the floor around the toilet & it's begun to smell of urine. Just put some peroxide in a spray bottle & spray. In the blink of any eye all the smell will be gone & the bacteria eliminated!
I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner! ' This information really woke me up. I hope you gain something from it, too. Pass it on!
Remember to check out the local's website site at http://www.teamsters355 for great articles and pictures.
Results of the 3-2-1 Drawing in December:
– Lee Rausch, wife of Club Member Bob Rausch, won the 1st Prize of $1,000.
– Mike Brett won 2nd Prize of $500.
– Doug Robinson won $250 for 3rd Prize.
New Members: None
Sick Members: Perry Conway, Jesse R. Taylor, Gary Rausch, Joe Gardner, Tyron Howard, Maurice Crosby, Ernest Boritz, George Booker, Willie Webb, Ernie Shipley and Ron Molz
Deceased Members: Willie Morrison (Leaseway) and John Braxton (US Foods)
Please remember to keep these members in your thoughts and prayers.
The next meeting will be on February 15, 2018, in the Sullivan Hall at Teamsters Local 355, 1030 S. Dukeland St., Baltimore, MD. The March meeting will be on the 15th. Coffee and donuts are served at 9:30 a.m., the Executive Board meets at 10 a.m., and the General Meeting begins at 11 a.m. A light lunch is served following the General Meeting. Hope to see you there. Remember to bring another retiree with you.