Today in 2008
The U.S. Department of Labor reports employers slashed 533,000 jobs the month before — the most in 34 years — as the Great Recession surged.
~ Labor Tribune
• Teamsters, WGA congratulate SAG-AFTRA on TA
• Gen Z shakes up workplace communication
• The best-selling vehicle in every state
• UAW says it aims to organize nonunion auto plants
• A historical dive into the birth of artificial intelligence
• 2023 JRHMS academic & vocational scholarships total $1.2 million
• Auto workers' strike victory could transform labor movement
• Exclusive: UAW’s Shawn Fain on how the union won, what’s next
• Nurses at Ascension Saint Agnes vote to unionize, a Baltimore first
• Supreme Court denies UPS driver’s request for vehicle accommodation
• Unions are teaching Elon Musk a lesson in Europe. The US could be next.
• Teamsters back nomination of Gov. O’Malley as Social Security Commissioner
• Transportation unions call on DOT, NHTSA to investigate driverless vehicles
• The Kansas shoe repairman responsible for Veterans Day
• Justice for Chipotle workers:
General Membership Meetings:
Baltimore - Dec. 3 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury - Dec. 17 @ 10 a.m.
Please be present and on time.
And bring a coworker!