Today in 2008
The U.S. Department of Labor reports employers slashed 533,000 jobs the month before — the most in 34 years — as the Great Recession surged.
~ Labor Tribune
• Autoworker strike, explained
• Rail Teamsters win paid sick leave from BNSF
• Teamsters are coming for Anheuser-Busch InBev
• UAW strikers want their pensions back
• SAG-AFTRA members vote to authorize video game strike
• Teamster warehouse workers rally in LA to demand respect
• UAW putting the 4-day workweek on map for hourly workers
• Teamsters: Autonomous vehicles threaten motor, pedestrian safety
• CEO pay has surged 1,209% since 1978. Worker pay has risen just 15%
• Vegas casino unions authorize strike, threatening first major walkout in 39 years
General Membership Meetings:
Baltimore - Dec. 3 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury - Dec. 17 @ 10 a.m.
Please be present and on time.
And bring a coworker!