Today in 2008
The U.S. Department of Labor reports employers slashed 533,000 jobs the month before — the most in 34 years — as the Great Recession surged.
~ Labor Tribune
• ‘No justice, no Jeeps’
• UAW strikes built the American middle class
• What’s the state of the Hollywood strikes?
• Starbucks organizers want long-term boycott
• Autoworkers are fighting for the future of the industry
• Teamsters Safety & Health: Disaster response resources
• NLRB broadens scope of what constitutes ‘protected activity'
• Google refuses to bargain with workers, prompting YouTube music strike
• Non-striking autoworkers supporting effort by refusing voluntary overtime
• American, United, and Southwest Airlines workers closer to strike
• Why the Big 3 can afford everything autoworkers demand – and more
• People see that unions can help them’: Labor leaders stand with striking UAW workers
• The 4-day workweek is among the UAW’s strike demands: Why some say it’s a good idea.
• Teamsters Caravan
General Membership Meetings:
Baltimore - Dec. 3 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury - Dec. 17 @ 10 a.m.
Please be present and on time.
And bring a coworker!