Today in 2008
The U.S. Department of Labor reports employers slashed 533,000 jobs the month before — the most in 34 years — as the Great Recession surged.
~ Labor Tribune
• Michigan repeals its RTW-for-less law
• Why workers are fighting to organize by industry
• Doctor unions are good for your health
• Child labor is not a relic of the past
• Labor developments in the Rust Belt
• NLRB nixes key parts of Trump-era union election rule
• Roll over, Jimmy Hoffa: Lindsay Dougherty is the next Teamster icon
• Senators propose tax reforms to level playing field between workers, employers
• Veterans in Labor: How unions benefit from ex-soldiers in their ranks
General Membership Meetings:
Baltimore - Dec. 3 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury - Dec. 17 @ 10 a.m.
Please be present and on time.
And bring a coworker!