On This Day in 1997
Some 2,600 Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) workers begin what is to be a successful six-day strike for higher pay and against a two-tier wage system.
~ DC Labor
• Frito-Lay workers celebrate successful strike
• Teamsters establish a beachhead at XPO
• Corporations aren’t going to save America
• Teamsters support Fair and Open Skies Act
• A devastating plant shutdown looms in West Virginia
• ‘We all quit’: How workers are taking back their power
• Administration moves to tilt pay and power toward workers
• How unions and their allies are trying to hold Amazon accountable
• Covid variant adds to worker anxieties.
• Turn off, turn on: A simple step to thwart phone hackers
General Membership Meetings:
Sept. 12, 2021 - Baltimore
10 a.m. Baltimore Union Hall
Sept. 19, 2020 - Salisbury
10 a.m. Salisbury Union Hall
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
Masks are required at both meetings.