On This Day in 1997
Some 2,600 Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) workers begin what is to be a successful six-day strike for higher pay and against a two-tier wage system.
~ DC Labor
• NLRB says ‘Scabby the Rat’ is free speech
• Extreme heat is killing American workers
• AFL-CIO: Paywatch data shows need for PRO Act
• New report details housing crisis for workers
• Amazon to end on-site Covid testing for warehouse workers
• It’s been 12 years since Congress raised the minimum wage
• First rank-and-file Teamster appointed to AEI national bargaining committee
• Companies claim there’s a labor shortage. Their solution? Prisoners.
• For minimum-wage workers, rent is now unaffordable in every county in America
General Membership Meetings:
Sept. 12, 2021 - Baltimore
10 a.m. Baltimore Union Hall
Sept. 19, 2020 - Salisbury
10 a.m. Salisbury Union Hall
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
Masks are required at both meetings.