On This Day in 1997
Some 2,600 Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) workers begin what is to be a successful six-day strike for higher pay and against a two-tier wage system.
~ DC Labor
• COVID-19 news updates for Oct. 14, 2020
• XPO port truck drivers ruled employees
• Barrett nomination looms ominous for labor law
• Teamsters reach deal with grocery chains
• Collective bargaining belongs at the center of our democracy
• 64 million workers sought jobless aid since pandemic began
• Coronavirus pandemic forces hand of NLRB’s general counsel
• Steelworker: Election is about revitalizing unions, protecting retirement
• How unions can bridge the gap between climate, labor movements
• Dems question Amazon over reported interference of workers rights to organize
• Study: Union members are more likely to receive unemployment benefits
• Treasury Secretary: Economic relief deal unlikely before election
General Membership Meetings:
Sept. 12, 2021 - Baltimore
10 a.m. Baltimore Union Hall
Sept. 19, 2020 - Salisbury
10 a.m. Salisbury Union Hall
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
Masks are required at both meetings.