On This Day in 1915
The Supreme Court upholds “Yellow Dog” employment contracts, which forbid membership in labor unions. Yellow Dog contracts remained legal until 1932.
• COVID-19 news updates for Jan. 7, 2021
• Workers’ wages rise from coast to coast in 2021
• $15 minimum wage is making big gains
• Google workers form company’s first union
• Teamsters ABF driver recognized as ‘Highway Angel’
• UPS ranks #1 in on-time deliveries during holiday season
• Teamsters help power Georgia’s Ossoff, Warnock to victory
• A worker dies every 99 minutes from being injured on the job
• Teamsters confident Biden won’t allow this rule to take effect
• Union seeks to prioritize vaccination of national meat, poultry workers
• 14 of the best books about unions, organizing, and American Labor
• Marty Walsh: “As Secretary of Labor, I’ll work just as hard for you as you do for your families and livelihoods. You have my word.”
Our General Membership Meetings in Baltimore and Salisbury for January 2021 are canceled.