On This Day in 1883
Some 10,000 New Orleans workers, black and white, participate in a solidarity parade of unions comprising the Central Trades and Labor Assembly. The parade was so successful it was repeated the following two years.
- DC Labor
• COVID-19 updates for Nov. 19, 2020
• Teamsters mourn passing of Tom Keegel
• Teamsters end strike at Toledo Coca-Cola plant
• Longshoremen’s union leaves AFL-CIO
• Trucking industry reacts to 2020 election results
• Biden forms transportation transition team
• Hollywood’s streaming boom is no bonanza for film workers
• What UPS’ rule change on staff appearance has to do with racial justice
• Which of your favorite sports players are union reps?
• CDC warns American: Do not travel on Thanksgiving
• 12 million Americans set to lose unemployment benefits after Christmas