Today in 2008
The U.S. Department of Labor reports employers slashed 533,000 jobs the month before — the most in 34 years — as the Great Recession surged.
~ Labor Tribune
• UPS Teamster hero jumps into action
• Teamsters, CWA picket American Airlines
• Maryland designated as one of five Workforce Hubs
• Unions push to change Arizona’s right-to-work law
• UAW pushes for workers at Honda, Subaru to join union
• UAW ratifies deal with GM, first of three contracts
• Tesla strike set to escalate further, as more unions join
• Growing number of print industry workers choose Teamsters
• UPS, autoworkers inspired a wave of worker militancy. Who’s next?
• Gen Z to outnumber Baby Boomers in 2024 workforce
• Teamsters unionize some truck drivers at large US Postal Service fleet
• Teamsters end tiered health care at Anheuser-Busch, restore retiree benefits
• Snowmageddon? Here’s what the strong El Niño winter means for Baltimore
• Do not forget what we face against those who want to bully workers…
General Membership Meetings:
Baltimore - Dec. 3 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury - Dec. 17 @ 10 a.m.
Please be present and on time.
And bring a coworker!