On This Day in 1997
Some 2,600 Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) workers begin what is to be a successful six-day strike for higher pay and against a two-tier wage system.
~ DC Labor
• COVID-19 updates for Nov. 19, 2020
• Teamsters mourn passing of Tom Keegel
• Teamsters end strike at Toledo Coca-Cola plant
• Longshoremen’s union leaves AFL-CIO
• Trucking industry reacts to 2020 election results
• Biden forms transportation transition team
• Hollywood’s streaming boom is no bonanza for film workers
• What UPS’ rule change on staff appearance has to do with racial justice
• Which of your favorite sports players are union reps?
• CDC warns American: Do not travel on Thanksgiving
• 12 million Americans set to lose unemployment benefits after Christmas
General Membership Meetings:
Sept. 12, 2021 - Baltimore
10 a.m. Baltimore Union Hall
Sept. 19, 2020 - Salisbury
10 a.m. Salisbury Union Hall
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
Masks are required at both meetings.