On This Day in 1915
The Supreme Court upholds “Yellow Dog” employment contracts, which forbid membership in labor unions. Yellow Dog contracts remained legal until 1932.
• Teamsters strike Hood River Distillers
• Teamster’s son wins battle against coronavirus
• Georgia sanitation workers fighting for basic PPE
• Teamsters target Tyson plant after COVID-19 spreads
• The collective power of pandemic’s essential workers
• Local, state governments need Congress to grant additional relief
• Hoffa talks with LA radio reporter re Covid-19 challenges for union members
• President expressed opposition to extending UI benefits enacted in response to pandemic
• Meatpacking jobs were dangerous before pandemic – now they’re life-or-death
Our General Membership Meetings in Baltimore and Salisbury for January 2021 are canceled.