On This Day in 1981
Between 400,000 and 500,000 unionists converge on Washington D.C., for a Solidarity Day march and rally protesting Republican policies.
- Union Communication Services
• Min. wage workers work 41 days for nothing.
• Reaping the benefits of an aging workforce.
• Solution for union pension fix won’t be easy.
• #MeToo has revived the Equal Rights Amendment.
• 'There is no illegal strike, just an unsuccessful one.'
• Labor Dept. honors Reagan: Tragedy or farce?
• NLRB vacates employer-friendly joint employer decision.
• DHL workers overwhelmingly approve new national contract.
• Charity in Teamster’s name wipes out $100,000 in school lunch debt.
• NY Teamster: Long hours make it tough for waste disposal drivers to stay safe.
• Major corporations have spent just 6% of tax windfall on workers.
• Is that text worth $500? Md. increases penalty for cell phone use while driving
General Membership Meetings:
Oct. 7, 2018 - Baltimore
Oct. 21, 2018 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!