Brothers and Sisters:
Well, I guess it's safe to say that you are as fed up with this Winter weather as I am. It's looking better as we are getting closer to good weather with Spring training underway, and St. Paddy's day near. Even the first day of Spring will be here before you know it! We have some bowling dates to make up due to the bad weather. The makeup dates will all be on Monday: March 1, 15, and 29. (Yes, Johnny. We will still be bowling on Wednesdays also.) The bowling banquet will be held on May 12 at the Union Hall from 12-4 p.m. Please remember that the banquet is for bowlers only.
The Spring Golf Tournament will be held on April 24 at Queenstown Harbour on the Eastern Shore. Start time is 8:30 a.m. Contact the Union Hall for more information. Remember that theretirees won the Fall tournament! Hope to see you there!
Karin Jones, Communications & Outreach Coordinator for the Department of Training & Education of the IBT, will be our guest speaker at out March meeting. She will talk to the members about what the IBT is doing about archiving Teamsters' history. So bring all your old paraphernalia and memorabilia, and tall stories. Some of the story telling will be recorded if you want. This should be fun!
For your information:
- UPC barcode information - If he barcode begins with the numbers 690-695, the item was made in China. Buy things made in the USA.
- The local's Web site is www.teamsters355.com. The retirees have a link on the Web page.
- New members: Robert Piaskowski, ABF; George Cole, Allied Systems; Jerome Buckner, US Foods; and Joseph Patucci, Jones Motors. We now have 614 members in the Retirees Club.
- Sick members: Willie Morrison and Joe Gardner.
- Deceased members: Milford Purdham, Penske; Ken Beckhard, Sun Papers; George Linsemeye, Penske. Please keep these members and their families in your thoughts and prayers.
The March meeting will be held Thursday, the 18th, and the April meeting on Thursday, the 15th, in the Sullivan Hall at Teamsters Local 355, 1030 South Dukeland Street in Baltimore. Coffee and donuts are served beginning at 9:30 a.m. The general meeting begins at 11:00 a.m. A light lunch will be served following the general meeting.
Remember to bring another retired member with you to the meetings. If Baltimore City schools are closed because of inclement weather, there will be no meeting that day.