On This Day in 1981
Between 400,000 and 500,000 unionists converge on Washington D.C., for a Solidarity Day march and rally protesting Republican policies.
- Union Communication Services
• The big picture: How we got into this mess.
• Walmart pairs wage hikes with mass layoffs.
• Democrats to target Trump Labor policy in elections.
• From Mexico to the U.S., a NAFTA tale of two truckers.
• IBT applauds LA lawsuits against LA port trucking companies.
• Unions slam Trump’s cruel decision to deport Salvadorans.
• The most important election of 2018 might happen in Md.
• A higher minimum wage won’t bankrupt businesses. Low wages might.
• Teamsters threaten strike that could have Super Bowl ramifications.
• Workplace bullying affects nearly half of US workers. It’s time we did something about it.
General Membership Meetings:
Oct. 7, 2018 - Baltimore
Oct. 21, 2018 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!