On This Day in 1995
Detroit newspaper workers begin 19-month strike against Gannett, Knight-Ridder. The strike was to become a lockout, which lasted four years more.
- Union Communication Services
• The big picture: How we got into this mess.
• Walmart pairs wage hikes with mass layoffs.
• Democrats to target Trump Labor policy in elections.
• From Mexico to the U.S., a NAFTA tale of two truckers.
• IBT applauds LA lawsuits against LA port trucking companies.
• Unions slam Trump’s cruel decision to deport Salvadorans.
• The most important election of 2018 might happen in Md.
• A higher minimum wage won’t bankrupt businesses. Low wages might.
• Teamsters threaten strike that could have Super Bowl ramifications.
• Workplace bullying affects nearly half of US workers. It’s time we did something about it.
CREDIT UNION MEMBERS!
New credit union hours
for Mondays begin
Monday, July 9, 2018
9 am - 6 pm
General Membership Meetings
Members in attendance at the May General Membership Meeting voted to suspend monthy meetings until September 9, 2018.