On This Day in 1978:
Supreme Court rules that employers may not require female employees to make larger contributions to pension plans in order to obtain the same monthly benefits as men.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Paid parental leave: U.S. vs The World.
• White-collar worker makes the switch to driving a rig.
• How the labor movement did a 180 on immigration.
• 10 Reasons the Postal Service is not a failure.
• If they can do it in Vermont....
• New! Karaoke union songs now available on CD.
• Valentine's Day: Union members save on flowers and wine.
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!