On This Day in 1886:
Four striking workers are killed, at least 200 wounded, when police attack a demonstration on Chicago’s south side at the McCormick Harvesting Machine plant. The Haymarket Massacre is to take place the following day.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• How about a 'Patriot Zone' at Wal-Mart?
• The reckless, flawed plan to privatize the Post Office.
• Seniors are the new target for tax increases.
• Would Jesus want a better roadmap to citizenship?
• Here's a great analysis about the economic pickle we're in.
• A recent report suggests that America is dangerous to our health.