On This Day in 1981
Between 400,000 and 500,000 unionists converge on Washington D.C., for a Solidarity Day march and rally protesting Republican policies.
- Union Communication Services
• On the picket line
• Trump freezes federal pay
• New report outlines Trump’s anti-worker agenda
• Inside the prison labor strike
• 2018 midterms: stakes for Labor couldn’t be higher
• Trump woos labor unions as he tears up NAFTA
• The emerging plan to save the American labor movement
• Labor Dept. accused of allowing low-paid guest workers
• Federal workers brace for new push on Trump anti-labor goals
• The plot of Sorry to Bother You comes to life
• USW calls for strike authorization vote after impasse with U.S. Steel
• 20 yrs. of govm’t data says raising minumum wage good for workers, businesses, economy
General Membership Meetings:
Oct. 7, 2018 - Baltimore
Oct. 21, 2018 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!