On This Day in 1981
Between 400,000 and 500,000 unionists converge on Washington D.C., for a Solidarity Day march and rally protesting Republican policies.
- Union Communication Services
• Here’s how you can fight disinformation.
• The tale of two Teamster pension plans
• United States, Mexico nearing a NAFTA compromise
• Bringing high pay to workers in the cannabis industry
• ‘Too little too late’: Bankruptcy booms among older Americans
• Federal Labor wins a skirmish with Trump anti-labor policies
• NY sues Trump administration for records on labor-law rollback
• The most popular American cars will cost thousands more because of tariffs
• These companies say they’re laying off workers because of Trump’s tariffs
• Shredding of social safety net blamed as bankruptcies soar for older Americans
• DC Transit wanted to give special transport for white supremacists. This union said hell no.
General Membership Meetings:
Oct. 7, 2018 - Baltimore
Oct. 21, 2018 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!