On This Day in 1977
United Mine Workers begin what is to become a 110-day national coal strike.
- Union Communication Services
• Public unions will survive the Janus ruling
• How much damage will Trump’s trade war do?
• The battered aspirations of the working class
• Pension reform, 2018 election top issues at IBT conference
• Corporations, MSM trumpet the ‘horrors’ of higher wages
• House committee approves cuts Labor Dept. budget
• Worker wages drop while companies spend billions to boost stocks
• Social Security recipients could be collateral damage of Trump’s workforce orders
• Truck driver shortage: "Solution' would make the profession more dangerous
• Labor Dept. removes rule that would have exposed employer union-busting
• Best pro-union movie to come around in years: ‘Sorry to Bother You’
General Membership Meetings:
Dec. 2, 2018 - Baltimore
Dec. 16, 2018 - Salisbury*
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!
* The Salisbury meetings are held at Hampton Inn
121 E Naylor Rd., Salisbury, Md.