On This Day in 1962
President John F. Kennedy signs Executive Order 10988, guaranteeing federal workers the right to join unions and bargain collectively.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Teamsters win strike at Clare Rose, Long Island.
• Big week in Congress for Trump labor picks.
• The sorry state of the U.S. economy.
• In search of a working class agenda.
• Unions won’t lie down as their clout is threatened.
• Senate GOP health bill could cost nearly a million jobs.
• AFL-CIO warns of NLRB nominees’ bad records.
• Republicans are working against workers.
• Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage.
• We will not rest in our fight to make the American dream real for all workers.
• Consumer groups, unions praise rule limiting companies’ use of forced arbitration.
General Membership Meetings
Baltimore: Feb. 4, 2018 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury: Feb. 11, 2018 @ 10 a.m.
The Salisbury meeting will be held
at the Hampton Inn Salisbury,
121 East Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801