On This Day in 2005
OSHA reaches its largest ever settlement agreement, $21 million, with BP Products North America following an explosion at BP's Texas City, Texas, plant earlier in the year that killed 15 and injured 170.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Teamsters submit comments on NAFTA negotiations.
• The attack on labor unions – and why they matter.
• Three myths about the minimum wage.
• The administration quietly rolls back civil rights efforts.
• Ports of LA, Long Beach truck drivers threaten to strike.
• Union rep. says SF UPS gunman filed excessive OT grievance.
• Labor Department moves to allow secret anti-union campaigns.
• Happy Father's Day!
General Membership Meetings
Baltimore: Oct. 1 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury: Oct. 8 @ 10 a.m.
The Salisbury meeting will be held
at the Hampton Inn Salisbury,
121 East Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801