On This Day in 2005
OSHA reaches its largest ever settlement agreement, $21 million, with BP Products North America following an explosion at BP's Texas City, Texas, plant earlier in the year that killed 15 and injured 170.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Teamster Budweiser strike continues.
• Alex Acosta confirmed as labor secretary.
• Acosta’s deadly agenda for workers.
• Why a $15 minimum wage is good economics.
• Writers Guild averts strike, wins new contract.
• May Day marches display worker solidarity across U.S.
• Fake flexibility bill would deprive workers of overtime.
• Worker safety group names the most dangerous employers.
• United Mine Workers union wins the long fight for retirees.
• Carrier union rep: Trump could stop offshoring if he wanted to.
• ‘God have mercy on your souls’: GOP passes cruel, destructive Trumpcare bill.
General Membership Meetings
Baltimore: Oct. 1 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury: Oct. 8 @ 10 a.m.
The Salisbury meeting will be held
at the Hampton Inn Salisbury,
121 East Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801