On This Day in 1984
A die-cast operator in Jackson, Mich., is pinned by a hydraulic Unimate robot, dies five days later. Incident is the first documented case in the U.S. of a robot killing a human.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Teamster Budweiser strike continues.
• Alex Acosta confirmed as labor secretary.
• Acosta’s deadly agenda for workers.
• Why a $15 minimum wage is good economics.
• Writers Guild averts strike, wins new contract.
• May Day marches display worker solidarity across U.S.
• Fake flexibility bill would deprive workers of overtime.
• Worker safety group names the most dangerous employers.
• United Mine Workers union wins the long fight for retirees.
• Carrier union rep: Trump could stop offshoring if he wanted to.
• ‘God have mercy on your souls’: GOP passes cruel, destructive Trumpcare bill.