On This Day in 1971:
Congress creates OSHA, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The AFL-CIO sets April 28 as “Workers Memorial Day” to honor all workers killed or injured on the job every year.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• The top 5 Union Plus benefit advantages.
• A celebration of grandparents and their hard work.
• Big win! Teamsters settle pay equity case with NYC.
• 5 charts that prove it's time American workers got a raise.
• Big union win in Minnesota - 27,000 home care workers.
• Baltimore Jimmy John's workers stop work, march on boss.
• ABF Teamster places 2nd at National Truck Driving Championship.
• The one obvious way to fix inequality that no one is talking about.
• Be happy.
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!