On This Day in 1947:
Congress overrides President Harry Truman's veto of the anti-worker Taft-Hartley Act. The law weakened unions and let states exempt themselves from union requirements. Twenty states immediately enacted open shop laws and more followed.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• The top 5 Union Plus benefit advantages.
• A celebration of grandparents and their hard work.
• Big win! Teamsters settle pay equity case with NYC.
• 5 charts that prove it's time American workers got a raise.
• Big union win in Minnesota - 27,000 home care workers.
• Baltimore Jimmy John's workers stop work, march on boss.
• ABF Teamster places 2nd at National Truck Driving Championship.
• The one obvious way to fix inequality that no one is talking about.
• Be happy.