On This Day in 1886:
Four striking workers are killed, at least 200 wounded, when police attack a demonstration on Chicago’s south side at the McCormick Harvesting Machine plant. The Haymarket Massacre is to take place the following day.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Why workers would take a pay cut for this.
• Who rules America? (And what can we do about it?)
• In order to grow, does Labor need to shrink?
• Workers shouldn't take a back seat to corporate ideals.
• No joke, look what corporate front groups pushed this week.
• Powerful DC lobbies join fight against Seattle minimum wage.
• Country-of-origin-labeling dispute threatens U.S. exports, jobs.
• Deal! Dell and HP computer discounts for union members.
• "Union is strength:" Video gone viral