On This Day in 1978:
Supreme Court rules that employers may not require female employees to make larger contributions to pension plans in order to obtain the same monthly benefits as men.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Four surprising facts about Maryland's new gas tax.
• More on Labor's problem with Obamacare.
• Baltimore Sun, Tribune Co. is no longer for sale.
• Confirmed CFPB director will stand up for workers.
• Will immigration reform protect workers? Good question.
• ALEC agenda tips the scales of justice to help corporations win.
• Hoffa: Congress shouldn't outsource its trade negotiating authority.
• Please note: Your webmaster will be on vacation until August 5.
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!