On This Day in 2005
OSHA reaches its largest ever settlement agreement, $21 million, with BP Products North America following an explosion at BP's Texas City, Texas, plant earlier in the year that killed 15 and injured 170.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Four surprising facts about Maryland's new gas tax.
• More on Labor's problem with Obamacare.
• Baltimore Sun, Tribune Co. is no longer for sale.
• Confirmed CFPB director will stand up for workers.
• Will immigration reform protect workers? Good question.
• ALEC agenda tips the scales of justice to help corporations win.
• Hoffa: Congress shouldn't outsource its trade negotiating authority.
• Please note: Your webmaster will be on vacation until August 5.
General Membership Meetings
Baltimore: Oct. 1 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury: Oct. 8 @ 10 a.m.
The Salisbury meeting will be held
at the Hampton Inn Salisbury,
121 East Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801