On This Day in 1978:
Supreme Court rules that employers may not require female employees to make larger contributions to pension plans in order to obtain the same monthly benefits as men.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Celebrate Father's Day in solidarity style.
• Voice-activated technology called a safety risk for drivers.
• An interactive look at 50 ways the states change America.
• Want to boycott bad companies? There's an app for that.
• Hoffa says Congress must do something about student loan rates.
• Teamsters lead the charge on behalf of women.
• Washington is closed. No jobs agenda. No budget. No hike in minimum wage…
• Remember, Teamsters don't back up and they don't back down...
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!