On This Day in 1984
A die-cast operator in Jackson, Mich., is pinned by a hydraulic Unimate robot, dies five days later. Incident is the first documented case in the U.S. of a robot killing a human.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Celebrate Father's Day in solidarity style.
• Voice-activated technology called a safety risk for drivers.
• An interactive look at 50 ways the states change America.
• Want to boycott bad companies? There's an app for that.
• Hoffa says Congress must do something about student loan rates.
• Teamsters lead the charge on behalf of women.
• Washington is closed. No jobs agenda. No budget. No hike in minimum wage…
• Remember, Teamsters don't back up and they don't back down...