On This Day in 1886:
Four striking workers are killed, at least 200 wounded, when police attack a demonstration on Chicago’s south side at the McCormick Harvesting Machine plant. The Haymarket Massacre is to take place the following day.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• Get your Teamster discount on TurboTax.
• 80% will pay more to buy American.
• Everyone would feel healthcare cuts.
• The deadliest jobs in America, in one small graphic.
• Everyone wants better transportation, but pay for it?
• Retire Scabby the Rat? Say it ain't so!
• Maryland lawmakers propose raising state's minimum wage.