On This Day in 1984
A die-cast operator in Jackson, Mich., is pinned by a hydraulic Unimate robot, dies five days later. Incident is the first documented case in the U.S. of a robot killing a human.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• How American is that American product?
• Lives at stake if TPP means meds prices rise.
• Fair Food Program expands to Giant.
• Union elections sped up under new labor rule.
• DOL decision could mean the end of wage theft...
• ATA says long-term outlook for trucking in the US is rosy.
• Workers at Google Express seek to organize with Teamsters.
• Silicon Valley shuttle drivers vote Aug. 1 on first-contract proposal.
• Maryland crabs should be 'Virginia crabs'? As if.
• Family events in August in and around Baltimore.