On This Day in 1978:
Supreme Court rules that employers may not require female employees to make larger contributions to pension plans in order to obtain the same monthly benefits as men.
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• How American is that American product?
• Lives at stake if TPP means meds prices rise.
• Fair Food Program expands to Giant.
• Union elections sped up under new labor rule.
• DOL decision could mean the end of wage theft...
• ATA says long-term outlook for trucking in the US is rosy.
• Workers at Google Express seek to organize with Teamsters.
• Silicon Valley shuttle drivers vote Aug. 1 on first-contract proposal.
• Maryland crabs should be 'Virginia crabs'? As if.
• Family events in August in and around Baltimore.
General Membership Meetings:
May 7, 2017 - Baltimore
May 7, 2017 - Salisbury
Please be present and on time.
Bring a coworker!