On This Day in 1818:
Abolitionist Frederick Douglass born into slavery near Easton, Md.
General Membership Meetings:
Mar. 6, 2016 - Baltimore
Mar. 13, 2016 - Salisbury
10:oo am. Please be present
and on time. Bring a coworker!
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers: