On This Day in 2006
A U.S. immigration sweep of six Swift meat plants results in arrests of nearly 1,300 undocumented workers.
- Union Communication Services
US labour news headlines from LabourStart
• The unemployment rate fell to 7.8%. That's a BIG deal.
• Still, we have a good jobs problem.
• Here's how a union creates jobs.
• Privatization: Costs more, provides less.
• The corporate war on workers includes–silencing unions.
• Where does the GOP disdain for workers come from?
Very cool rendition of "We Are the Union" by newly-organized NYC workers:
General Membership Meetings
Baltimore: Jan. 7, 2018 @ 10 a.m.
Salisbury: Jan. 14, 2018 @ 10 a.m.
The Salisbury meeting will be held
at the Hampton Inn Salisbury,
121 East Naylor Mill Road, Salisbury, Md. 21801