On This Day in 1995
Detroit newspaper workers begin 19-month strike against Gannett, Knight-Ridder. The strike was to become a lockout, which lasted four years more.
- Union Communication Services
• Labor after Janus: Unions have experienced worse
• The case for more labor unions…
• Are tariffs good or bad?
• Unions have survived tough times before
• Workers deserve freedom to thrive on the job
• What’s driving the trucker shortage?
• UPS labor deal would open door to Sunday package deliveries
• Wage growth is ‘missing in action’ and workers are not happy
• Trump stands firm on trade, even as foreign tariffs begin kicking in
• Open shop blues: Richest man in America offering WashPost staffers $15 p/w raises
• In a post-Janus world, the Teamsters aren’t backing down. Listen here.
CREDIT UNION MEMBERS!
New credit union hours
for Mondays begin
Monday, July 9, 2018
9 am - 6 pm
General Membership Meetings
Members in attendance at the May General Membership Meeting voted to suspend monthy meetings until September 9, 2018.